What a great way to start the new year! Our friend Zena, the Tibetan Terrier Princess, has honored us with the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! Zena is an adorable and very smart pup who is helping to raise her new standard poodle sister, Raffles, after a devastating loss. Zena’s growth process from mourning to emerging into a stronger, more confident pup is truly inspiring.
We may not be able to visit our blog buddies daily, but we love you all and thoroughly enjoy your blogs and your comments on our blog. You add extra sunshine to our day! 😀
Now to business – the Rules:
1] Link back to the person who nominated you
2] Post the award image on your page
3] Tell seven random facts about yourself
4] Nominate fifteen other blogs
Now to come up with seven more things about myself and/or Daisy…hmmmm……
1. DD and I are BIG Downton Abbey fans. If our friends were as into it as much as we are, we’d have hosted a Downton Season 3 premiere party with everyone in 1920’s dress!
2. We love playing backgammon, Pente, Scrabble, and other such games that have less to do with luck and more to do with strategy. Of course, drawing good Scrabble tiles or rolling good numbers in backgammon never hurts! 😉
3. I love Americana art jigsaw puzzles. Americana art transports me to ideal small towns and simpler times, both of which I’d love.
4. Daisy’s hair is so curly and gets so thick in winter that she feels like a Berber carpet!
5. I love teapots, especially English-style teapots. I have small collection of full-sized teapots and a larger collection of miniature teapots.
6. I used to ride horses weekly and once was kicked in the thigh by a horse with bad aim. He was clearly angry at my horse but kicked me instead of his arch rival. I still have a silver-dollar-sized blood clot from that extraordinarily painful experience.
7. Daisy celebrates the dawn of each new day by racing around the house with her squeaky toy. She greets each of us, jumping up off the ground repeatedly, twirling around, and tap-tap-tapping those paws like a tap dancer on caffeine; then, as if the excitement is just too much to contain, she grabs a squeaky toy and races around with it, play-growling and biting the squeakers to make as much noise as possible. Forget New Years Eve celebrations – Daisy has a daily Dawn Of A New Day celebration!
Here are my 15 nominees – as usual, if you don’t have time to deal with awards, just consider this my way of introducing other bloggers to your site.
6. Basset Momma
11. NY Parrot
14. Bones Diary
15. Molly the Wally