Fluffy Popcorn, one of our favorite little blog buddy pups, has generously passed the Blog On Fire Award on to us – thank you so much little cutie! This tiny toy poodle has a lot of personality and a ton of cuteness in her small little self!
And now for the requirements: 8 unusual facts about ourselves….hmmmm, unusual? That’s a tough one, being that we’re not unusual people! How about a few facts we may not have mentioned before?
1. I’m not a summer person. I can’t stand heat over 80 degrees F or humidity (and we just had a 105 degree day with a heat index of 110!). The only things I love about summer are fresh fruits, veggies, and flowers. Give me a place with year-round fall and I’ll move there!
2. If we could, we’d live off our own garden completely to avoid the toxins in commercial meats and produce.
3. I’m most happy puttering in the garden, hiking in the woods, discovering interesting small towns, or tucked under some blankets while watching an old movie on a cold winter day. Or coming in from the snow and warming up with hot chocolate. The ultimate is doing all of this with my little family.
4. I love fall/winter clothes. I love their rich colors, their warmth and softness, and their look, and I love being bundled up in them.
5. My dream is to have a small, Kinkade-esque cottage near a rambling stream surrounded by wildflowers with herb and veggie gardens outside the back kitchen door (similar to Colonial kitchen gardens). Its interior would be bright, happy and charming and it would be a short walk from an artsy town center with a couple of al fresco cafes. (I’ve actually sketched out the floor plan for the cottage – a modified version of a hundred-year-old home-turned-shop I’ve been in. It does include a walk-in fireplace in the open living room!) Not too idealistic, ya think?
6. Daisy screeches when the doorbell rings. Not barks – ear-piercing screeches intermingled with insistent whining. Sounds like she’s being stuck by pins rather than announcing a visitor!
7. I love antiques, but I have a fondness for pressed glass Victorian toothpick holders. I’m always amazed at how the Victorians had a specific item for every single need at the table, and these little gems really captivate me. I have a small collection of them and use them as miniature vases for small garden flowers or flowers from bouquets that outlive the rest.
8. I love 19th century literature, and Jane Austen is my guilty pleasure. I’m savoring every word of Mansfield Park right now. (And DD and I are BIG Downton Abbey fans!)
And now for 8 blogs to pass the award on to. If you’re on this list but not interested in awards, just consider this our way of introducing our friends to you!
7. Alfie’s Blog