Many thanks to our blogging budding 2 Brown Dawgs for awarding us a second Versatile Blogger Award! We love reading their blog about the training and trials of two beautiful brown Chessies, Thunder and Storm, as they learn the skills of true retrievers – the discipline is awe-inspiring and their obvious love of retrieving is heartwarming.
Okay, so….another 7 facts about ourselves. Hmmmm….
1. I love to write – good thing too, since I’m a freelance writer by profession! LOL If I go more than one day without writing, I definitely feel a void.
2. Daisy likes to sit in my lap when I’m working on the computer. Inevitably, sometime during each day, she tiptoes over to me and oh-so-gently stands so her front paws are on the edge of my chair. When I look at her, she fake-stretches, gives me that irresistible Daisy face with the sideways look, big smiling eyes, and wagging tail, and she inevitably charms me into letting her onto my lap. She sits there like royalty and eventually curls up. How can I resist that sweet Havachon face and soft Havachon presence all cuddled up on me? Since I can’t reach the computer once she’s on me, I’m really thankful to have voice recognition software!
3. We love going to local fairs and festivals, especially in the fall. We go to every single one we can squeeze in, even if they’re two hours away and especially if they’re in areas we’ve yet to explore.
4. Daisy gets bathed once a week. On the sixth day, she starts smelling like a Cheese Doodle!
5. DD and I love Gordon Ramsay’s shows. Hell’s Kitchen, Master Chef, Kitchen Nightmares – in that order, we’re suckers for anything Ramsay. On a different level, we also love Lidia Bastianich’s cooking shows on PBS – she makes our mouths water!
6. My two dream trips would be to England and Italy. I don’t go much for tourist traps (though I would like to see some historical spots), but to spend several weeks exploring the English countryside, mingling with the “real folks” and then to spend about a month in Tuscany would be a dream come true.
7. I love Starbucks mochas. I don’t have them all that often, but I really appreciate them when I do have one. I also love the ambiance of certain cafes with that certain indefinable “something” that stirs my creativity, as well as small towns and down-to-earth people. Especially if those places are dog-friendly and we can bring Daisy. 😉
I think I nominated just about all of my blogging buddies who post comments here ( I LOVE reading all your comments!), but they’re all worth mentioning again, and their blogs are definitely worth visiting:
Granny 1947; Passionate About Pets; Chancy the Gardener; 2 Brown Dawgs; Oscah Baby; Snoopy’s Dog Blog; Happy.Bark.Days; Live, Bark, Love; Green Dog Love; You’ve Been Hooked; Yuki the Dog; According To Gus; Tiffy’s World; Jackie Paulson.
Thanks again to 2 Brown Dawgs, and thanks to everyone who stops by our blog! We love your visits! 😀